How to Win on Taxes
Master Stump Speech Outline
Below are the core points, laid out in outline form, that you should be using to drive your argument against the Republican tax bill and your opponent’s support of it. This framing, and the outrageous details within, reveal the depths of corruption that this tax code truly represents. You can use this top-line messaging to guide your own speech writing, or click on the individual points to jump to that specific section of the master stump speech.
- Start Talking about Taxes
- The Tax Code and the “Rigged” Economy
- How do you rig an economy? You start with the tax code.
- Last year, Republican politicians rewrote the entire federal tax code.
- The new Republican tax code passed on a strictly party line basis. Just about every Republican voted for it, every single Democrat voted against it.
- The new Republican tax code is an unobstructed window into the economic system they want to create. They had the power, they passed the tax code they (and their donors) wanted.
- The new Republican tax code does the following:
- Rewards people who make money off investments over those who actually work for a living
- Transfers more than a trillion dollars from America’s bank account into the pockets of millionaires, billionaires, CEOs and corporations
- Provides a significant financial incentive to corporations to move jobs overseas
- Hands millions of tax free dollars to the heirs of dynastic wealth
- Creates an easy new way for wealthy people to game the system, and closes virtually no loopholes.
- Dismantles a key provision of ACA, the result of which will be 13 million more uninsured people and estimated 10,000 addition deaths per year
- The new Republican tax code is not the result of some well-considered economic philosophy, it is a payoff to the donor class.
- Every politician who voted for this obscene bill should be thrown out of office.
- The Good News: fixing this isn’t hard, and most Americans agree on what they want out of a tax code.
Download the Master Stump Speech